Sometimes a good idea developed with some love can beat even the most ambitious of projects with generous budgets from established companies. Dungeon of the Endless is proof that indie games are currently heading along a strong upwards trajectory. This tower defense game combines elements from classic RPG titles that makes it a unique experience. The game is available to download for Mac OS X and Windows systems.
It is time to survive by fighting against the galaxy-traveling ancestors’ alien race known as the Endless
The background story puts you in an interstellar spaceship called ‘Success’, loaded with criminals, which tries to reach Auriga Prime, a planet that should be easily conquered with colonization. However, nobody counted on the activated orbited protection of the planet, which ends with millions of weapons aiming at bringing ‘Success’ down to the planet in a spatial shipwrecking. Now, it is time to survive by fighting against the galaxy-traveling ancestors’ alien race known as the Endless.
The aspect of this PC game takes the best from past ages, with heavy pixelated graphics combined with 3D environments and effects. The general design is very fluid, even for those systems with lower capacity. Special mention goes to the OST, arranged by FlybyNo, with incredible tracks that increase the game’s atmosphere in a lost planet.
More than just towers
Bearing in mind that the gameplay of the game has been combined with elements from different genres, the final result is incredible. Once you reach the planet, you will need to learn to manage your resources for building your defensive towers, known as modules in the game. These modules will guard each room you conquer with your heroes against those endless monsters that will appear. Although these modules are important, you need to combine their utility alongside your controllable heroes as in a rogue-like RPG.
One of the main features to keep in mind about this game is the level of difficulty. This is no easy game, so be ready to face real challenges. For this reason, it is important to get used to the game’s mechanics, learning about the different resources such as Industry, Dust, Food and Science. Food will heal your heroes and increase their level for additional skills and increased stats. Industry is useful for building your modules. Science works for increasing the level of your modules. Dust, on the other hand, is used for powering rooms.
The design of the gameplay is very complex, something that makes Dungeon of the Endless a really interesting game. Depending on the starting spaceship of your choice, the game levels will differ in their sub-basement design, as well as the random elements such as the heroes with which you will start. Discover all the secrets of this dungeon crawling game surviving the alien menace on this unexplored planet.
Dungeon of the Endless Full Version Features
Discover the main features included in Dungeon of the Endless:
- Role-playing game combined with tower defense and dungeon crawling elements for protecting your settlement against the ancestors
- Feel free to explore the Auriga Prime planet fighting against the Endless
- Control about 20 different heroes for the rogue-like gameplay system
- Customize your heroes with different active and passive skills
- Equip your character using the different available items to be found and purchased in the dungeon
- Manage your team with ex-prison inmates, local inhabitants and guards and the strengths and weaknesses
- Build up your defenses using different major and minor modules for fighting against the Endless
- Choose among the different free spaceships that will determine the stage design
- Additional content to download for increasing the variety and the heroes included
Visit the official site for getting full information before the download.
These are the minimum requirements for this dungeon crawling PC game:
- Operating System: Windows Vista, Mac OS X 10.8 or higher
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or similar
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Video Card: NVidia GeForce 9400, AMD Radeon HD 2600 or better
- DirectX 9.0C or later installed
- Size: 700 MB free space