Smartphones and tablets have turned into useful tools for collecting and managing information and documents. CamScanner is a handy application for mobile devices that allows its users to scan and edit all kind of texts and images you can take from the digital camera of your device. From written documents to drawn sketches, CamScanner takes the image and converts it to the format you want to manage.
The use of CamScanner provides a comfortable way for creating digital documents from original hard copies using the device’s camera. Thanks to the OCR (Optical Character Recognition) the physical documents are converted into the digital files you want in the blink of an eye, so it's helpful tool for sharing information instantly with your collaborators. The quality of the detection allows the users to optimize the final result of the document. This way, the character recognition software allows you to work with advanced graphics and the digitalized version of paper documents right away.
CamScanner works mainly with JPG and PDF files formats, so you can run the editor for these documents and change their content directly from CamScanner. The files you create can be sent directly from your device to your email account, cloud storage service or you can simply print them thanks to the Google Cloud Print feature.
Anywhere, anytime your documents are ready
CamScanner allows you to synchronize the content you create with a free storage of up to 200 MB. This way you can share all the documents with your different devices without having to carry flash drives. With the connection to the Internet, the access to your information is granted one way or the other. Having these files online allows you to manage and edit the content instantly, without downloading the content to your device.
Sharing your files with your colleagues through CamScanner is much easier than it looks.
Sharing your files with your colleagues through CamScanner is much easier than it looks. You can send PDF and JPG the files via email or via fax, simply by using your device and your Internet connection. Before you share the documents, you can manage your creations the way you want, adding additional notes to the data, adding tags, merging files when it's needed and creating backups of your content in order to improve the security.
CamScanner 188.8.131.5240624 Features
Check out all the features you can find in CamScanner:
- Create free documents without any limit taking a snap from the physical version
- Get PPT, PDF, magazines and books with the help of your device's camera
- Advanced OCR recognition of characters, including the Latin alphabet, Japanese characters and drawings
- Share your documents straight from your mobile device to your cloud storage service
- Manage and edit your files without downloading the document to your device or computer
- Customize the size of your documents cropping the focus area and scan multi-page documents on the go
- Create confidential documents adding a password to your files or adding a certificate
Check the official website that will help you with additional information in case you bear any kind of doubt.
Find the requirements for CamScanner app here:
- Operating System: Windows Phone 8, iOS 6 or Android 2.3 and later
- Size: 12MB free space onwards (varies with the device)
Cam scanner android application review for phpNuke by James Meyette
By James Meyette
On Thursday, September 25, 2014
Camscanner is a great application available for all mobile platforms. Android is the one I happen to use. I use camscanner for work on a regular basis for sending in documents that I have to have uploaded but they were previously printed.
This application is a great way to save money and allow users to not have to rely on having a traditional style scanner. Another great advantage of being able to use your mobile device as a scanner is that you can do it while you are not at home near your scanner or in office with the clunky beast there.
Given the fact that Camscanner mostly supports the PDF and JPG formats directly within the software’s editor. The service also allows you to use Google Print right from the cloud so you don’t have to keep all of the documents that you scan on your device which saves you lots of space for non-related things.
In conclusion this piece of freeware is great to have and the fact that it doesn’t cost anything to use makes it a great alternative to having a scanner at home.
- The ability to scan documents without a traditional scanner
- The application is freeware so you don't have to worry about a fee in order to use the tool
- Only has good support for JPG and PDF format documents
- Sometimes you don't get as good of an image as you would with a regular scanner.
CamScanner: The best substitute for scanner devices in your phone!
By Elizabeth Tweetee
On Tuesday, September 2, 2014
It was when my HP made scanner stopped working; I started to think of using my phone instead of it. I wandered a lot on the web, and tested a number of scanner apps and at last found the best one which suites my needs. It was CamScanner. It makes use of the full potential of my Xperia Z2’s 20.7MP shooter to produce high quality scanned docs.
Creating documents using this app is really easy. Just stabilize your camera over the page and take the snap. The app will automatically set outlines of the scan and if you need, you can make changes to it. Output formats are PDFs and word documents so that you don’t have to convert them separately. It reduces my work of retyping something from printed publications, through its OCR recognition features. Also, I can place notes over the docs.
CamScanner is the best application for using your phone as your scanner. Quality of the scans depends on your camera clarity. I think the app has built-in stabilization options also. In short, it is minimal, but yet powerful. Go for it without rethinking!
- Great quality scans are made
- Automatically adjust the document edges
- OCR recognition feature is very helpful
- Great focusing for great quality docs
- Some features are premium only
- Needs high end mobile cams